Monday, September 12, 2011

9/11 ... 10 years later

I know there are thousands out there blogging about 9/11 today as it's the 10 year anniversary of the terrorist attacks on the United States. I am not sure why but I woke up this morning compelled to watch the coverage of the new memorial and to remember that day. It was moving to see and hear all of the names of those who died and to see the people affected by it all. I went through the rest of the day not thinking much about it until I got home from meeting with a friend.

I randomly turned on the TV to see if it had a setting in the menu to change over to PAL signal from NTSC and for some reason kept it on while I worked on the computer. I happened to notice not long after it began that CBS was playing a really amazing documentary on 9/11/01. I am almost positive I am the only one in the United States who has never seen it, too, because I guess it's pretty famous. I had never seen any of the footage that Jules and Gedeon Naudet accidentally caught that day. I may have seen video of the planes fly into the buildings before but actually seeing the few seconds of life of the firemen of Ladder 1 before the first airplane hit the WTC towers. It was a very powerful video.

If you have never seen it before, do yourself a favor and buy the video from iTunes here or watch clips at CBS' website here. It'll help you "Never Forget" and appreciate the heros of the United States. I am reminded that even though we are moving to England, I will always love my country and be proud to be an American.


PS - I promise to share our fun times at the MN State Fair and our trip to Washington over Labor Day Weekend soon! Only 2 more weeks before we move! (Also, if you are wondering, our TV doesn't do PAL. Boo.)

No comments:

Post a Comment