Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Getting over the jet lag

Hello folks! We are really here! It was a good and safe journey via plane and now Bryant and I are living out of suitcases in a British hotel. The accents here are going to take a LOT of getting used to. Sometimes Bryant and I have no clue they're speaking English sometimes. For instance, we are staying at a "Premier Inn Hotel" and the hotel clerk calls it the "PREM-yoo-EN." If we didn't know the name of the hotel and were talking to the lady on the phone I am 100% positive I would have no idea what she was talking about. We've already had our share of "I beg your pardon?" "What was that?" "Could you repeat?"

It is going to take a good level of patience for the next three years. :)

I was supposed to start working today but I couldn't sleep in the middle of the night for a few hours and when I woke up this morning at 0710 I was ill. I didn't go to work because of it, so slept some more and Bryant and I are trying so hard to get into the swing of things on England time. I never thought that working to get on a 6-hour time difference would be so painful!

Right now we found a good spot in the local pub where we can plug in our computer and lasso some free WiFi. We sit directly under the big screen TV and we have a sizable crowd watching the "football" game over our head. 

I keep hearing something about Valencia. Apparently it's not Danny Valencia.

I am sure soccer is a very captivating sport, but I cannot get out of my head the fact that the Milwaukee Brewers are the National League Central Division Champions! It is unfortunate that we moved to England right when they are at the top of their game. I love baseball!

Go Brewers!

No comments:

Post a Comment